[Ofsted will evaluate] the extent to which leaders, managers and governors successfully plan and manage learning programmes, the curriculum and careers advice so that all children and learners get a good start and are well prepared for the next stage in their education, training or employment.
Common Inspection Framework, Ofsted
We recognise that senior leaders often have the drive to develop a more robust careers education and work-related learning programme but sometimes lack the time to put one together. We can offer valuable support by:
- Supporting Careers Leaders in schools to map their school’s current provision against nationally recognised CEIAG standards such as the Framework for Careers, Employability and Enterprise Education, Gatsby Benchmarks, DfE Statutory Guidance, D2N2 Employability Framework (where appropriate) and Quality in Careers Standard.
- Supporting the delivery of a career education and a work-related learning (WRL) curriculum to students from Years 7 -13; this includes designing lesson plans and group work delivery.
- Providing training/INSET either for Careers Leaders or whole school staff to ensure that staff have the relevant knowledge, understanding and skills to deliver an effective careers education programme.
- Sharing and signposting to relevant and up-to-date careers and employability resources and information through our advisers and our regular ‘Opportunities Bulletin’; his includes free resources and local labour market information (LMI).
- Consultancy towards gaining national Quality in Careers Standard accreditation. We are school assessors for both the Career Mark and Prospects Quality in Careers Award, authorised to accredit schools and colleges against the national Quality in Careers Standard.
- Engaging with local employers: we can offer support through staffing, resources and contacts to co-plan careers and employability events with schools.
- Providing information on planned and actual destinations including transition liaison with partner agencies.
Our bespoke services to schools are driven by high quality standards suited to your needs and budgetary requirements. Schools often like to run ideas past us and enlist our support in a variety of activities and programmes. If you would like to know more, please call or email Michelle Taylor, Managing Director to discuss your school’s requirements.
t: 07717 360114 e: firstname.lastname@example.org