[Ofsted will evaluate] the extent to which leaders, managers and governors successfully plan and manage learning programmes, the curriculum and careers advice so that all children and learners get a good start and are well prepared for the next stage in their education, training or employment.
Common Inspection Framework, Ofsted
We recognise that senior leaders often have the drive to develop a more robust careers education and work-related learning programme but sometimes lack the time to put one together. We can offer valuable support by:
- Auditing, mapping and a gaps analysis of provision against nationally recognised CEIAG standards: the Framework for Careers, Employability and Enterprise Education as defined by the Career Development Institute (CDI) including Gatsby Benchmarks. In addition, those recommended by DfE Guidance, D2N2 Employability Framework and Quality in Careers Standard.
- Providing a current national framework for a careers education programme in schools to reflect new changes in professional standards and in doing so enable students to become work ready and effective career planners.
- Support the delivery of career education and a work-related learning (WRL) curriculum to students from Years 8 -13. This includes designing lesson plans and group work delivery.
- Training/INSET – to support in the provision of training within the school or college to ensure that main staff have the relevant knowledge, understanding and skills to deliver effective programmes.
- Resources support in the provision, sharing and signposting of relevant and up-to-date resources that support the CEIAG and WRL agenda. This includes software, web-based applications and related resources such as local labour market information (LMI).
- Consultancy towards gaining national Quality in Careers Standard accreditation. We are school assessors for Prospects Quality in Careers Award, which is a licensed Awarding Body, authorised to accredit schools and colleges against the national Quality in Careers Standard.
- Engaging with local employers: we can offer support through staffing, resources and contacts to co-plan events with the school and act as an interface with employers and businesses and undertake specific tasks to support delivery of events.
- Providing information on planned and actual destinations including transition liaison with partner agencies.
Our bespoke services to schools are driven by high quality standards suited to your needs and budgetary requirements. Schools often like to run ideas past us and enlist our support in a variety of activities and programmes. If you would like to know more, please call or email Michelle Taylor, Managing Director to discuss your school’s requirements.
t: 07717 360114 e: email@example.com